Ideal for such long-term applications as power for electronic devices and electric power, water, and gas meters, and especially as a backup power source for memory ICs.
– High 3.6-V voltage
The lithium thionyl chloride battery achieves a high voltage of 3.6 V.
– Flat discharge characteristics
The change of internal resistance during discharge is minimal, allowing for flat discharge voltage until end of discharge life.
– High energy density
Provides high energy density of 970m Wh/cm3 with discharge current of 100 µA (ER6 type).
– Wide usable temperature range
Can be used over a wide temperature range : – 55 deg. C to +85 deg. C (please consult with Maxell, if using in temperatures of -40 deg. C or less).
– Superior long-term reliability
The extremely low self-discharge, together with the use of a hermetic seal, allows for stable use over long periods.
- OA Machines (Fax, Copiers, Printers)
- Desktop PCs
- Medical Instruments, Cash Registers
- FA Instruments (Measuring Instruments, Onboard Microcomputers, Sensors)
- Electronic Meters (Gas, Water, Electricity)
- ETC (Electronic Toll Collection System)